What is Spiritualism?
Spiritualism is a Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of Mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
What is a Spiritualist?
A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of Mediumship, and who endeavors to mold his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communion.
What is a Medium?
A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whose instrumentality intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
What is a Spiritualist Healer?
A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through their own inherent powers or through his or her mediumship is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.
What are the Phenomena of Spiritualism?
To name a few:
Apport is the dematerialization of an object that then passes through obstacles such as walls and then re-materializes.
- Automatic Writing
Written or typed material produced without the control of the conscious self.
A French word meaning clear seeing. It is a paranormal mode of perception in which visual images are presented to the conscious mind.
A form of physical mediumship in which objects such as chairs, tables and even human beings, are lifted into the air without any physical agency.
One whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whose instrumentality intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce phenomena. (NSAC definition)
A precipitation medium is one who is able to work with etheric helpers to produce physical objects, via precipitation.
A prediction of the future, made under divine inspiration.
- Spiritual Healing
Mediums may channel energy just as well as words. Spiritualist healers believe that their healing ability comes from helpers in the etheric who are able to cooperate with them to pass the needed healing energy to the receiver.
A spontaneous or induced sleep-like condition or altered state of consciousness that permits the subject’s body to be used by a discarnate entity for communication.
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
- We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
- We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proved by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul, here or hereafter.
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes, proven through Mediumship.