Members of the Spiritualist Society of Reno commit to pursuing the Spiritualist ideals while actively supporting the Society. There is no cost for membership in the Society, but there is an annual renewal of commitment.
New members are asked to join in a ceremony marking their membership. Part of the ceremony includes five questions:
- Have you tested to your own satisfaction the truth of spirit communication and accepted it as a means for the upliftment of humanity?
- Do you promise in your life to conform to your highest conception of right, honor and truth?
- Will you aid and assist those who are in need of help by supplying their physical need, in so far as you can without injury to yourself or family, and give them such spiritual consolation as may be appropriate whenever the opportunity offers?
- Will you cheerfully contribute your just share toward the support of this church and do all that you can reasonably to promote harmony among its friends and members and to help it be a positive influence in the community?
- Do you affirm your acceptance of and belief in the Declaration of Principles of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches and will you conform to the Bylaws of that Association and to those of this Church?